Thank you, BB King for those amazing lyrics.
Hey, are you struggling with anxiety? That stinky, mean, old, crusty, jerkface, Anxiety? I have definitely wrestled with it. I used to be on meds for it. I couldn’t handle crowds, or family events, or work… I would pop a short term anxiety med and then go ahead and climb right into the fire. Or I sometimes would drink to decrease social anxiety. Ok, not just sometimes- A LOT.
Well, these things are not the best choices! Alcohol causes major vitamin deficiencies, which in turn, cause more ANXIETY and DEPRESSION, not to mention other large chronic problems! So we can’t use that as a crutch! And the anxiety meds are also linked to dementia, cancer, obesity, liver problems, and, you guessed it, ANXIETY! What?!? The pharmaceuticals for anxiety can GIVE YOU Anxiety? Yep!! So we want to try to stay away from those too.
So what the heck can we use?
Well, here is my top ten list for the best natural support for ANXIETY! Ready? Here we go!
1. CBD- Have you tried this? It can be LIFE CHANGING! If you don’t know anything about it and would like more info, I have a page RIGHT HERE on my blog with a video all about it, and the cbds that I recommend, so check that out from the tab at the top! My FAV CBD!!
2. GABA and L-Theanine- Gaba is a neurotransmitter that calms down your brain and L-Theanine is an amino acid that also is very calming, so these two together will relax you and your brain and hopefully help you sleep as well! Here is what I use; put my code, prem10, in for 50$ off of a 75$ purchase! YEAH! ANXIETY SPRAY AWAY!
3. Essential Oils- Have you tried these? OMG They can be used for so many things! And there are so many great Essential Oils for anxiety. The ones I like to use for calming are Myrrh, Cypress, Vetiver, Lemonbalm, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, and Patchouli. But as always, PLEASE be careful with Essential Oils!! They are VERY strong and aren’t always safe straight from the bottle! Always dilute them with a carrier oil and go low and slow! How I would use these is take one drop of the essential oil and put into a of Tablespoon of coconut oil or jojoba oil or some other innocuous oil and then rub on my temples, the back of my neck, my lower back, on my forehead, or my wrists. Just please be careful! This one is pre-blended for you and you can roll it right on! wow! Roll on sleep help!!
Another way to get the benefits of Essential Oils is to buy a Hydrosol instead. These have the powers of the oils but are safe for children and adults, as they are the much less concentrated and are blended into water. These you can use as perfumes, toner, freshening sprays for clothing or skin… so many great uses, without the safety concerns of essential oils! This explains more about them and this is one of my favorite companies to buy from. hydrosols
4. Valerian- this is a very calming herb and can be used in tonic or tea form.
5. Gingko Biloba- This increases blood flow to the brain and may help with calming.
6. AShwaganda- This is an adaptogenic herb, meaning it adapts to what your body needs at the time. It is very calming and soothing.
7. Passionflower- This is another great calming herb, and you can find it in this blend. It is also good for calming in children! Here is what I recommend for adults, don’t forget the 50$ off code for this, prem10. calming pack adults calm for kids
8. Licorice tea- This can be good for many things, including calming and digestive issues. Love that double whammy, right?
9. Kava Kava- This is a truly calming herb and is also included in the calming adult pack!
10. Ginseng- This one is interesting, because while it does help with calm, it also gives energy, so try this one in the morning!
I hope you can get relief with one or more of these! Let me know if anything has helped you! And get some REST!!